cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone signal, dips in and mostly out…

Dixon200402
Joining in

Phone signal lately is non existent...I sometimes get 2 bars if lucky, I have none at present… again. I have been on the phone for hours to virgin with no outcome.. help as I’m actually thinking of leaving after 8 years…

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this in one place? If so I guess we are looking at a network fault or you have been moved off EE signal onto Vodafone and their signal is weaker.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this in one place? If so I guess we are looking at a network fault or you have been moved off EE signal onto Vodafone and their signal is weaker.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Mostly at home and work but never had anymore than 2 bars for about 5-6 months… 

Hi @Dixon200402

Welcome to our community forums and sorry to hear you have been having issues with your phone signal. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help.

Was the advice given by @enlli useful? Do you need any further help? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dixon200402 wrote:

Mostly at home and work but never had anymore than 2 bars for about 5-6 months… 

Is it possible to do a manual network search and let me know what networks are visable?

swazer161
On our wavelength

I had the same problem with my and wife's phone. Didn't get any real answers so moved to plusnet, better deal, took 2 days. It's on the ee network and both our phones went to full signal when I put new sims in. 

Dixon200402
Joining in

I’ve got virgin, EE, 3 uk and 02 uk

Thank you for letting us know @Dixon200402

Please try the following link and let us know if you need any further help https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/virgin-mobile-issues.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dixon200402 wrote:

I’ve got virgin, EE, 3 uk and 02 uk

Thanks for that. Shows to me you have been moved onto the Vodafone network.

Their coverage checker is here. Will also say if there are faults. (Although coverage checkers are often optimistic)

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker

I'm at the west side of Edinburgh and have just yesterday called 789 about the same problem.  Incoming callers are told my phone is unavailable or if connection aquired it breaks up repeatedly or drops out altogether.  I have to be upstairs near a window to get anything on my signal meter.

I was informed that the move to Vodafone had taken place on 15th December 21 and this was likely the cause.  She would reset my account at her end and I was asked to switch between 5G & 4G. When pointed out it was not a 5G phone or sim this seemed to cause confusion.  Eventually asked to reset my connection after finishing the call and wait 24 hours to see if the signal improved if not it was likely that the Vodafone signal was not strong enough in my location and I should switch to a provider that could give me mobile cover in my location but in the meantime she would put in a report to the Tech people.

Not a very good customer service outcome.  Needless to say rebooting my phone after the call ended did nothing to improve my signal.  unless anyone else can suggest any other fixes then it looks like I will need to leave Virgin Mobile after very many years and bring most of my family and many friends to Virgin.