cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network in USA

zoenorman
Joining in

My phone won't connect to a network, automatically or manually, it won't detect anything. Can't call you to speak to customer service and your chat bot isn't working. I find Virgin Media customer service awful, never a simple and easy was to access support, instead you just link to FAQs on your website.

8 REPLIES 8

sjp123
Problem sorter
Just in case you haven't checked the costs involved erc., see the link below

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Using-phone-in-America/m-p/5002456#M213865

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @zoenorman,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry hear that you're having some issues with connecting to a network while you're abroad. 

I can see that @sjp123 suggested you take a look at the Roaming costs in the USA page for more information about this. 

Can you please confirm if you've been able to take a look at our Using Virgin Mobile Abroad page for more information and checks that you can do to see if this can help resolve your issue? Please let us know if this has helped, before we investigate this issue further with you.

Keep us updated.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

My going abroad function is on. I can't text 789922 to check APN because I don't have signal...

Still no further forward.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Could try this. The SIM applications may be under connections on some iPhones

For Android:
Select Apps from the Home Screen
Select SIM Toolkit Icon
Select Roaming
Select Select Mode
Select Manual
Select International-you are done, go back to Home Screen

To Switch back when in the UK:
Select Apps from screen
Select Virgin SIM Toolkit Icon
Select Roaming
Select Select Mode
Select Automatic and go back to Home Screen

For iOS:
Select Settings from the Home Screen
Select Phone Icon
Select SIM Applications
Select Roaming
Select Select mode
Select Manual
Select International and you are done, go back Home screen to retry

To change back when returning to the UK:
It is critical that you set the SIM roaming applet back to Automatic mode once in the Uf Settings > Mobile Data > Sim applications
Select SIM Applications
Select Roaming
Select Select mode
Select National - you are done, go back to Home screen

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Screenshot_20220502-081757.png

Hi,

Thanks, I'm on Android and followed your instructions but the aim toolkit is just blank with the world Roaming.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @zoenorman,

Thank you for coming back to us. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with accessing the toolkit provided by @enlli.

We'll be more than happy to investigate this further for you so we can help resolve the issue.

I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Might be an App Called Virgin.....it appears that way on some Androids

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

Yes that's the app I clicked on and the screen shot I shared.