Menu
Highlighted
Nanno
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No network connection - Italy

Hi,

I'm currently in Italy with no signal. I've tried restarting my phone, manually selecting networks, making sure roaming is activated on my device - nothing.

When I called 789 on my phone a week before leaving the UK, it said that roaming was set up and I was good to go. 

Other people with the same issue have only been resolved by a private message so I don't know what I can do. I can't call or text any helplines.

Help, please!

Thanks

0 Kudos
sdu60
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No network connection - Italy

This was the same situation I encountered and reported last week ( 01 March). No help to date from Virgin.

However lack of data connection is saving me money as I am forced to go to an area where there is wifi. Virgin are losing revenue but they don't seem to care.

Another complaint: Virgin is one of the few providers that does not consider that Switzerland is part of Europe. therefore if you use a swiss signal you will be charged for data, messaging and call receipts.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nanno, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

I am sorry you're having problems with roaming.

I have sent you a private message so we can discuss this further and check thing's from our end, please look out for the purple envelope at the top of the page. 

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi sdu60, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I am really sorry you've also been experiencing difficulties with roaming. Have you managed to get in touch with our team since your post? If not please pop back on here and we can look into this for you.

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos