cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mobile internet in woolston

Peterwright1973
Tuning in

Hi can’t get a good signal in Woolston Warrington where I work it’s shockingly bad most time can only just get 3G or at most 1 bar in 4G this is not what I’m paying for 

25 REPLIES 25

Hi Robigouk.

Thank you for posting on our community forums and welcoming you back.

Sorry to see you are having issues with your service.

Please click this link, to run a test on your service.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I've done this before (and just now) and it just says the network can get busy in this area (my home) and I've just run it for the town center and it says the same.  Network just needs money spending on upgrades obviously too many users.

Hi Robigouk.

Thank you for your feedback, our team are currently working to get this resolved.

Please try connection to the nearest Wi-Fi. Please ensure you have Wi-Fi calling on.

Please try using Wi-Fi where it is possible. 

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I do use wifi where possible but it's not the point, I have friends on every other network and they are all massively quicker when we're out and about.  

Hi Robigouk.

Thank you for being patience with us, as we are trying to resolve this.

We understand it can be frustrating but you are doing the right thing.

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Warrington is notorious for congestion. I go frequently. Lots of times I have to change my data connection to EE 

I'm lucky I can do that, but yes, O2 needs massive investment they are lagging further and further behind with each year.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Even worse this afternoon 😞 Screenshot_20230405-145219.png

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many apologies for the issues faced robigouk,

Is the service poor wherever you go?

Regards,

Kain

No, some parts of Warrington have 5G and it's rapid, some have 4G and it's passable (e.g. 20-40mb download) but my home area and some areas in the town center are this bad/slow/unusable.

Also I'd like to add, I'm virgin mobile but my wife is o2 (her sim came part of the volt package) and she has a different make of mobile phone - same speed problems though (so just to clarify it's not my handset)