cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mobile data service.Temporarily turned off by your operator.

Radical-Radek
Joining in
  • No mobile data service. Temporarily turned off by your operator. This message popping on my phone a few times a day in the last few days but today it's every few minutes! It's extremely annoying as it sounds like receiving a message. Switching data off didn't help. When home I'm on WiFi but still getting the message. Once got the message but still could use Internet. Any idea ? 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Radical-Radek, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Sorry to hear that you're having some issues with an error message on your phone regarding data, this ins't good. 

Can I ask what handset you're using? This sometimes happens on android phones when the signal has dipped out for a second, it's not that we've actually switched ot iff. 

Is it still happening at the moment?

Let us know more, we're keen to help 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Radical-Radek, 

Sorry to hear that you're having some issues with an error message on your phone regarding data, this ins't good. 

Can I ask what handset you're using? This sometimes happens on android phones when the signal has dipped out for a second, it's not that we've actually switched ot iff. 

Is it still happening at the moment?

Let us know more, we're keen to help 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi Emma_C

I have Samsung Galaxy S9+. 

Actually managed to switch off notifications yesterday. Had to switch off all network notifications though.  I have phone work from different network with this same problem but all I can do is snoozing for 2 hours. 

For the past few days I had this messages popping on both phones every few seconds and finally I have some peace now 

Glad you've managed to find a work around, I know it can be annoying. 

We have had the same thing previously on an android but it only did it for a day and we've not had the issue since. 

Hopefully that is it sorted for you 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team

rickymyson
Joining in

hi I have a Samsung Galaxy A40. I keep getting the message no mobile data service. 

my wife has the same phone as mine and is in the same room . but isn't getting this problem .

help !!!

Hi rickymyson,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums. Apologies for the delayed reply, are you still getting these messages?

Cheers,

Corey C

Rochie1970
Joining in

Been having this issues since day one and been fobbed off constanly .

I've  been told :

Its the phone set up several times even the the phone has been set up lots of time either by message or manually 

Its the sim  so got sent another sim

Its because the phone needs setting  as bew sim

Its my local mast being repaired even though it happens at working 30 mile away from were i live.

Its the phone set up again 

So ive bought a new phone and guess what still faults.

My colleagues phone does the same at the moment the mobile data seems off as much as its on

Hi Rochie1970, 

I'm really sorry that you're having this issue and for any frustration caused. 

Have you tested using the data service whilst you get this error message? 

We have had it pop up before and it tends to be when the signal has dropped out for a second. 

Can I also ask what phone this started on and which phone you're using now to be seeing the same issue? 

Let us know and we'll try our best to help further. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

I have the same issue as Rochie1970, receiving the text message "No mobile data service, Temporarily turned off by your carrier" every minute or less. How can I get it to stop? Phone is Samsung S8

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ChrisSaipan, 

I'm really sorry that you're having the same issue and for any frustration caused. 
Have you tested using the data service whilst you get this error message? 
Can you give us some more details on your issue as it may not be completely similar such as error messages ect? 

Let us know and we'll try our best to help further. 

Zoie