cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No local service New Sim

ESutcliffe46
Joining in

I put my new SIM in my iPhone10 4 days ago. It picked up signal/4G only after I drove about 5 miles out of my village. When I returned to my village, the signal/4G disappeared again. This wasn’t an issue with the old SIM card. I always had signal.  WIFi calling is also not working now at home. I unable to make or receive calls or texts anywhere in my immediate locality which is making it hard to function as a family or business. And I cannot contact Virgin via phone to sort this out! Advice much appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you @ESutcliffe46

It may be worth looking into this link for an idea of the status of the coverage in the local area

You would have now been switched over from an EE supported SIM to Vodafone

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thank you. That is exactly the issue as Vodafone has zero coverage in my local area. It would have been very helpful for Virgin to be transparent about the switch in provider in advance as I’ll need to change to another network now! 

Thanks for coming back to us @ESutcliffe46, I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the team about how the migration to the Vodafone network was handled.

If you are wishing to leave ourselves because of this, you can find the process to do that here.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks. I have found an alternative service and a new sim should arrive shortly. It’s a shame as I’ve been very pleased with the service and competitive pricing of Virgin until this point and have been a customer for 4-5 years. However, this issue could have easily been avoided via better and more transparent comms about what ‘updating the network’ really meant. There will be others like me living in remote areas for whom the switch to Vodafone will leave suddenly cut off. If we had been forewarned we could have made alternative arrangements in advance. Putting in a new sim as directed only to discover you now have no signal is unacceptable. Thanks for passing this feedback on to the relevant parties. Liz

Thanks for coming back to us @ESutcliffe46 and sorry that you have had to leave because of the issues created by this migration, we wish you the best of luck with your new provider.

Regards,

Steven_L