cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet or messaging

ttthwaites
Joining in

I'm currently abroad, my phone has been working fine for a while but recently I have no internet and also cannot send text messages. I can make calls though. I received a text from virgin to message ALL to 789922 if no data or picture messaging but obviously doesn't send!

Any help appreciated

7 REPLIES 7

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ttthwaites

Welcome back to the community. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your data and texts abroad. Can you confirm if you have a spending cap at all on your account? You can see this by logging in and should show under the Services tab. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,

Thank you for your response. I have no spending cap on my account and tbh rarely even use the data limit I have. 

Many Thanks

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Have you been able to reboot the handset? Can you let me know what phone you have - as doing a manual network search jumping onto another network and then back onto the one that's working may help. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi,

I have a Ulefone Armour X8.

The phone has been rebooted and I have tried manually selecting different networks.  

As I said previously it had been working absolutely fine for some time but has now just stopped for messages and internet. Calls are fine 

I do have 2 Sims in my phone (and have had them both for some time now) and the other one works fine 

Many Thanks

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can only apologise for this - it's not something that we could diagnose in the same way we can when you are in the UK. There would be no reason as to why this has happened from this side - as to set you up for when you are abroad your roaming would need to be active and in this case it is because you've been able to use and and can still make phone calls. 

Is it possible you can remove the other SIM card just for the moment, reboot with only our SIM in the phone and let me know if there is any difference? I am not putting it down to that at all, I just want to see if it does help. 

The text to 789922 would be to configure the APN settings - but are able to manually check to see if they are right, and these are the correct ones: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/Mobile-APN-settings/ba-p/3629014

Let me know how you get on. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Thank you for the information. 

I've updated the APN settings and it has worked for the date/internet bit not for the messages. I'll try it again and hopefully it'll work. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem at all - please do keep me posted 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan.