cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet on mobile data

pennytwem
Tuning in

I have just put my sim into a new Asus Zenfone 8 and everything seems to be working fine except for the fact that I can't get access to the internet through mobile data.  I noticed that the APN settings were not being picked up and have put this in manually.  I have tried rebooting the phone several times and nothing has changed. 

The phone has come from overseas (China) so I assume it is something to do with that.  Are there some other settings that I need to change.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I assume the phone is on Android. It may be worthwhile revisiting your APN settings  I have found the following combined Data/MMS settings work in most cases.

Internet & MMS APN.
Name: WEB
APN: goto.virginmobile.uk
MMSC: http://mms.virginmobile.co.uk:8002
MMS proxy: 193.30.166.2
MMS port: 8080
MCC: 234
MNC: 38
Authentication type: CHAP
APN type: *
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4
Leave all other options blank/Not set

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @pennytwem

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! 

Did you received a text when you put the SIM in and turned it on asking/saying settings downloaded?

If not are you able to text All to 789922 and you will be sent the APN settings. Then follow the on screen instructions to make sure you're all up to date.

Also can you make sure the correct level of data is turned on in the settings 3G, 4G, LTE etc

Thank you. 

No I didn't receive a text when I put the SIM in the phone.  I have tried texting 789922 but have not had a response to this.  I spoke to customer support who are sending me a new SIM but if there are any other things that I should try I would like to know.

Thanks Penny

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I assume the phone is on Android. It may be worthwhile revisiting your APN settings  I have found the following combined Data/MMS settings work in most cases.

Internet & MMS APN.
Name: WEB
APN: goto.virginmobile.uk
MMSC: http://mms.virginmobile.co.uk:8002
MMS proxy: 193.30.166.2
MMS port: 8080
MCC: 234
MNC: 38
Authentication type: CHAP
APN type: *
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4
Leave all other options blank/Not set

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you enlli, that has worked 😊.  I had found a number of different APN settings on the web but  yours seems to have been the one that worked.  For those that run into the same problem I think the secret is APN type being *. 

Thanks. That has solved the same problem I had

Hi GRAHAM259,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, glad you were able to resolve your issue by following the steps by enlli, our Community is always here to share our knowledge and resolve your issues, if you do have any further problems please do not hesitate to reach back out?

Regards

Paul.