cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet near Wolverhampton train station

Ssray
On our wavelength

I have had 2 phone conversations and 3 txt conversations about the lack of internet whilst using data near Wolverhampton train station, 

Post code wv1 1le to be specific, I have full bars of 5g but at the top of the screen it says no internet, the txt message service want me to txt them back from the area, I'm at work then so it's not easy

I understand that Vodafone own the towers, I'm being told that the service checker shows a good service, it's notany idei? Maybe someone could check or can I put a screenshot on here?

226 REPLIES 226

Thanks for coming back to us @djbauer.

When this happens, do you still have mobile signal and does this only happen when you are in the town centre or does this happen in other places too?

Do you have any app restrictions that only lets apps use WiFi only connections to work?

Regards,

Steven_L

djbauer
On our wavelength

@Steven_L

Well I can still make calls and text message, but no data.
And so far it starts just before I get to the ring road surrounding the town center.

I've not placed any app restrictions as far as I know, everything works on mobile data when I'm walking around normally.

The phone model is Oppo Find X2 Lite if that's any help?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This may sound idiotic but I remember a post from a few weeks back that seemed to solve a similar problem by making sure data roaming was switched on.

At least worth a try.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

djbauer
On our wavelength

I have tried it before, but it didn't work for me.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

As this only seems to happen in certain locations I'd be inclined to say it's likely an issue with signal in that area. So we can look further into it I will contact you via PM, please look out for the purple envelope and get back to me when you can.

Tom 

I have been having this issue now for months, every single time I get on the outskirts of Wolverhampton city centre my phone is useless. I have just drove through the centre on my way home and can confirm the issue is still ongoing. My phones shows full 5G but nothing that uses mobile data will work. When the issue first started I couldn’t do anything at all on my phone, even calls and texts weren’t working. Now I can make calls and texts, so something must of been done recently. Yet the issue with mobile data still continues. 

I've had this issue for ages too, VM support aren't really doing anything when i call up they just keep offering to send out SIM cards. I raised a complaint and it got closed because they said the coverage checker showed full signal.

Let’s hope virgin media actually do something about this as it’s obviously an issue with their end as multiple different people are having the same issues. 

I can understand that it is showing full signal, as it shows full 5G on my handset when in the town centre, yet my phone is utterly useless. 

I have been with virgin for 3+ years now and it’s worked perfectly. The first time this issue arose for me was 24th of July 2021 when I was going to catch a train and my phone just died at the train station in Wolverhampton. Every single time I have been into town since that date my phone has died. 

Come on Virgin, get it sorted. 

Pretty much same story here, just stopped dead one day in July.

Very annoying considering i bought a 5G capable phone for this.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have any of you managed to talk to any other Vodafone 5G users to see what is happening to them?

At a push a cheeky visit to the Vodafone store and get them to demonstrate 5G 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks