cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet near Wolverhampton train station

Ssray
On our wavelength

I have had 2 phone conversations and 3 txt conversations about the lack of internet whilst using data near Wolverhampton train station, 

Post code wv1 1le to be specific, I have full bars of 5g but at the top of the screen it says no internet, the txt message service want me to txt them back from the area, I'm at work then so it's not easy

I understand that Vodafone own the towers, I'm being told that the service checker shows a good service, it's notany idei? Maybe someone could check or can I put a screenshot on here?

226 REPLIES 226

Spent around 6 hours in Wolverhampton city centre at the Wolves match today. Couldn’t use my phone for anything, even though I had a full 5g signal. 

Got to the edge of the city centre (Chapel Ash)  still on 5g and everything worked. 5g speed was coming in at around 230mb. That was with thousands of football fans in the area using their phones. 

Clearly there is a problem with the network in the city centre. I’m paying for a service I cannot use at all. 

It’s been like this for weeks now. 

Think it’s time to move networks. 

Hi @jdmoore31,

Is it always in the same area that you're experiencing these connection issues? If so, are you able to provide the full post code of the area where you're experiencing these problems, please?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach.

Yes it’s always in the same area. This is the one of the postcodes that covers the area, WV1 4QR.

Thanks 

Jonathan 

Hi @jdmoore31,

Thanks for that. If you enter and search for that post code using the Vodafone network status checker you'll be able to see if there are any known problems in the area that may be causing this issue for you.

Let us know how you get on with that, and if there's anything there that explains what's happening for you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I gave up in the end.

Still wasn't working in the city centre.

I've moved my number over to Three. I'm now getting 5g speeds between 200 and 460 Mbps in wolverhampton City Centre.

Hi jdmoore31,

I am really sorry to hear that you decided to move to another provider because of the network issues in Wolverhampton. It really is a shame.

We wish you all the best with your new provider and will be here with open arms should you ever change your mind

Beth

Beth

djbauer
On our wavelength

Yeah, I've got the same thing, only moved over to Virgin in January, then I went back to work in the nightclub I work at after restrictions were lifted, and as soon as I get near the town center, I can't use any app that uses mobile data.
I need the phone for any customer service issues that pop up so that I can answer them on Facebook.
The Wifi that the club has is shockingly bad, so there's no point in me connecting to that.

I hope this issue can be resolved soon.

All I kept getting from Virgin was to check the Vodafone network status checker. It always said everything was fine.

That’s why I decided to move to Three in the end, this has been going on for weeks and weeks. My phone was basically useless in Wolverhampton city centre. 

I hope you have more success than me in getting it sorted. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi djbauer

Thank you for posting. .

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your service when going in to the town centre. 

Were you having this problem prior to the lockdown? Also is this only happening in a certain part of the town centre or all over?

Thanks 

Nat

djbauer
On our wavelength

I only moved to Virgin mobile in January 2021, so that was during lockdown.
I only started going back into the town center in May, I can make calls and text, but anything to do with mobile data just doesn't work.
I've tried changing the connection from 5G to only 4G and even 3G, but I still get nothing.