cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet near Wolverhampton train station

Ssray
On our wavelength

I have had 2 phone conversations and 3 txt conversations about the lack of internet whilst using data near Wolverhampton train station, 

Post code wv1 1le to be specific, I have full bars of 5g but at the top of the screen it says no internet, the txt message service want me to txt them back from the area, I'm at work then so it's not easy

I understand that Vodafone own the towers, I'm being told that the service checker shows a good service, it's notany idei? Maybe someone could check or can I put a screenshot on here?

226 REPLIES 226

It’s annoying isn’t it, it happens on 3G,4G and 5G.

Ive had no luck so far getting it resolved

Hi @urbanfox14,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you've been having some issues with your mobile connection recently. Is it only in the one area where you seem to be having this issue? Can you also clarify what you've done thus far in an effort to remedy it?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach, 

I have no issue anywhere else other than the centre of Wolverhampton.

About the only advice that customer services were able to offer was the old favourite of 'have you turned your phone off and back on'. Needless to say, that didn't fix it. 

In any case, as it appears to affect anyone on Virgin, I'm inclined to think it's an issue at your end rather than on individual phones. Have you tried turning the mast off and back on again? Seriously though, as this has been an ongoing issue for a while and Virgin are clearly aware of it, I'm interested to know what actions are beong taken to resolve it. 

Hi @urbanfox14,

Thank you for expanding. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take a closer look at what's happening. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi All

In my response letter from Virgin they say they've checked the postcode and can't find issues but they've got an "IT Ticket" open, hopefully this means that someone will be looking into this more thoroughly.

I'll keep everyone updated if I hear anything else.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @Ssray

Welcome back to the forums & thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with the coverage in your area, I have checked both the Vodaphone & EE systems (just in case you hadn't been migrated)  & both say there is good coverage there, the Vodafone one is public and can be checked here. The EE one is for internal use only. 

Could you let me know what handset you are currently using? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Ssray
On our wavelength

Thanks it's a redmi note 10 5g

Ssray
On our wavelength

I'm just pulling into wolves, I've loaded a  new hybrid APN and will attempt to use the internet from the carpark, which is outside not encased in concrete

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us. 

Keep us updated & let us know if it has made any improvements.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Ssray
On our wavelength

No improvement, still no internet access at the station