cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet near Wolverhampton train station

Ssray
On our wavelength

I have had 2 phone conversations and 3 txt conversations about the lack of internet whilst using data near Wolverhampton train station, 

Post code wv1 1le to be specific, I have full bars of 5g but at the top of the screen it says no internet, the txt message service want me to txt them back from the area, I'm at work then so it's not easy

I understand that Vodafone own the towers, I'm being told that the service checker shows a good service, it's notany idei? Maybe someone could check or can I put a screenshot on here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Everyone,

Just a bit of an update: We have identified what the key issues are and have worked on a fix which we have been rolling out across all affected areas. This will address the 5G connectivity issues for your area. Thanks very much for your patience throughout and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Cheers,
Corey C

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

226 REPLIES 226

jdmoore31
Tuning in

Hi, is anyone else having issues with their mobile service in Wolverhampton city centre?

I have a strong 5g signal but cannot use data, make calls or send messages. This is only in the city centre, once I get to the edge of the centre everything works fine. 

It’s been like this for at least a week. 

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jdmoore31

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm so sorry to hear you're having issues with your service in the city centre, are there any known issues listed for this area here

Let us know. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Sofia.

It’s not showing any issues.

Thanks Jonathan 

Having checked here jdmoore31 there does seem to be some fluctuation in the signal around the post code of your account which would explain the problems outlined in your original post.

Given that the services work fine elsewhere in other location it would appear to be a network issue and possible some mast issues in the City Centre.

Rob

Hi Rob, thanks for the reply.

Does this mean someone knows about the problem and it will be fixed? 

I haven’t been in the city centre the last few days, but a couple of friends have said they are having the same problem this weekend. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm surprised nothing is showing in the status checker on Vodafone as you say others have had the problem, there must be more.

Of course Virgin can only report a suspected fault. It's down to Vodafone to fix.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Do you have any further updates for us @jdmoore31?

Does the service status checker advise you of any faults in that particular area?

For SIM cards supported by EE - https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee

For SIM cards supported by Vodafone - https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Still not working in the city centre earlier today. I was there around 12:30.

The Vodafone status checker isn’t showing any problems. 

Thanks Jonathan. 

Hi Jonathon,

I've had a look at the Vodafone coverage checker and it looks like one of the masts in the city centre is down for maintenance. The following message is displayed:

We’re carrying out maintenance in this area at the moment to help improve our mobile network. We’re sorry if you’re experiencing any issues with your service at this time, we know how frustrating this can be. Maintenance is due to be finished by 20:00 18 Aug 2021 and we’ll update this page as soon as it has been done.

The good news is that it's due to be fixed later on tonight, so do let us know how things after from tomorrow if you're still having issues.

Beth

Beth