Menu
Cherrib
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No incoming mobile calls

HELP. For the last past 6 weeks I haven't been able to recieve 90% of my incoming calls, neither does the phone ring or acknowledge a missed call, the only way I know somebody is trying to contact me is by verbal messages via friends or Family.

I have called customer services at least 20 times and have been told they will fix the issue and every time we trouble shoot it hasn't worked. I’m exasperated at the amount of times I’ve had the sim out and in and how many times I’ve tried it in another phone, done a factory reset, switch on and off, battery in and out etc etc.

I've turned my voicemail off and that hasn't done anything to help. I have been with Virgin for just under a year,  it's driving me mad paying for a phone that’s not fit for purpose and that I cannot use.

I’m confused Why are they asking for the phone back when they are blaming the network issues! Ive been told by various #Virgin mobile Reps that either it’s a problem with a connection in the area, or they are working on the mast or there’s problems with 3G

They have apparently sent a bag out to return the phone over a week ago but that hasn’t arrived! They have now supposedly sent another bag for me to return the phone!

Whilst all this is going on I have no working phone!

Has anyone else been able to fix this problem or can give me some advice 🙄

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No incoming mobile calls

Stick your phone into 3g and 2g mode only, get some people to ring you for testing - if calls come through ok, then you know you are caught up in the long running problem some have had.

It seems to be at some masts, it does not allow long enough for your phone to drop to 3g to take the call - the mast drops the call to quickly which then ends up going straight to voicemail.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
Cherrib
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi thank you very much for your advice, I’ve tried that and it appears to be working at the moment and what you’ve described is exactly what has been happening.

Im going to try it until tomorrow to see how it goes, I’ll let you know.

I appreciate your help, thank you very much

0 Kudos
Cherrib
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi still working thank you very much for your help.
teabag
Superstar
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully between Virgin and EE they can get this sorted once and for all soon, so you can safely use the speed of the 4g data you pay for and also receive calls ok.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
Cherrib
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I hope they get it sorted out too! Thank you
0 Kudos