Menu
kimberleysuth
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No incoming calls or texts after number tranfer

I transferred my old number over to my new phone and got a notification Monday that the transfer was complete but I still cannot receive any calls or texts I can call out from the number but anybody trying to ring is getting number not recognised, I have called customer service who keep asking me to wait another 24 hours but it has been a week now 😞 I now have a phone that's useless because I am uncontactable 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No incoming calls or texts after number tranfer

Hi kimberleysuth,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums 🙂

I am sorry to hear of the phone issues. What phone have you got please? If it's an iPhone, can you do the following;

Settings, Phone, My Number. Then in this page, make sure the number listed is the correct one.

Keep me posted if you need anything further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
kimberleysuth
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hi john thank you for your reply I have a IPhone XR but I have been through every setting with Virgin employees on the phone also got told to ring Apple support which I have done and all settings on the phone are fine! If another sim is put in the phone it rings in perfect! I have been sent a replacement sim by virgin but this doesn’t make a difference either it’s still not ringing in! I believe the problem is with with phone number and I am happy to give up my number And have a new one just to have a phone that works but keep getting told by customer support to wait 24 hours it’s been four weeks so I’m very frustrated 

thank you in advance for any help you can offer 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for clarifying. I understand another SIM works fine in your phone - have you been able to try the SIM in another phone to see if that works? 

Tom 

0 Kudos
kimberleysuth
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes I have tried the old sim and the new sim in other phones and the problem is always there I can call out and text but no incoming at all 

thank you 

0 Kudos
kimberleysuth
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes I have tried both the original and replacement sim in other phones the problem is the same no incoming calls or texts coming through and it gives the caller a number not recognised message 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kimberley,

I would like to look further into this for you, I will send you an invite for a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos