cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data in spain

Biggy5
Tuning in

Hi virgin community, hope you can help

Like others I'm having problems getting data in Spain (Majorca). Tried all the network setting fixes and manually choosing international network and then moviestar 4g which works until I connect to wifi, but when i'm back on data I have to change all the settings again every time.

When I got to Spain I had a text message from Virgin saying my device settings weren't recognised and to call 789. This gives a very short message in French (!) that's probably something like we're shut until Monday (it's Sunday today). I've got a oneplus 5T and notice oneplus isn't even listed in the sport section for settings, which isn't filling me with a lot of hope!

I seem to be able to make phone calls ok.

Everyone else's networks are fine

Help!

Many thanks

Tom

5 REPLIES 5

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Biggy5, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you have been having issues using your mobile data connection in Spain. Just to confirm, did you reset your roaming settings at least 24 hours before you left the UK? If not, can you please log into your online account here to reset the service. Once done can you please try rebooting the phone to see if this helps?

Also if you are using an Android or Apple handset it may be best to try the Sim tool kit. The below information will advise how this can be used.

For Android:
Select Apps from the Home Screen
Select Virgin SIM Toolkit Icon
Select Roaming
Select Mode
Select Manual
Select International-you are done, go back to Home Screen

To Switch back when in the UK:
Select Apps from Home screen
Select Virgin SIM Toolkit Icon
Select Roaming
Select Mode
Select Automatic and go back to Home Screen

For iOS:
Select Settings from the Home Screen
Select Phone Icon
Select SIM Applications
On newer iOS 14 - Settings -> Mobile Data -> SIM Applications
Select Roaming
Select Mode
Select Manual
Select International and you are done, go back Home screen to retry

To change back when returning to the UK:
Select Settings from the Home Screen
Select Phone Icon
Select SIM Applications
On newer iOS 14 - Settings -> Mobile Data -> SIM Applications
Select Roaming
Select Mode
Select Automatic mode - you are done, go back to Home screen

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thanks Nathan. I did all that and in addition need to manually select the network I want to connect to (I get offered a few and movistar 4g seems to work). Still lose all these settings when I turn the phone off or connect to wifi. 

Any other ideas? Thanks

Hi Biggy5, 

Sadly you would need to follow the same steps above to access the network.

Gareth_L

Thanks Gareth. That's not great for a not uncommon phone make. Maybe time to find a new network. Thanks

My apologies you feel this way Biggy5. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley