cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No coverage in the Dales

Jaelbrown
Joining in

Hi, 

Imoved to Virgin because my family could get data coverage in the Dales and I couldn't. My phone is Galaxy S20 and much newer than other family members. My 4g vanishes at the nearest town to our caravan but they get it all the way to the caravan. When I first installed the sim card I didn't get the texts with data and mms settings. I have since added them in manually. I've checked that they're the same on my families settings and they are. Why is my coverage so poor. 

3 REPLIES 3

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you moved to Virgin recently then there is a very strong likelihood that Vodafone is your signal provider. Many older accounts are still using EE

I don't know what this says for coverage in that area. I do know it can be very patchy whatever the maps say

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker

The bad news is that if it is weak coverage your family will also be moved to Vodafone in the none too distant future. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply. How do I find out if I go on to vfone? In network settings it states virgin. 

Thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If Vodafone is missing in your network settings but EE is shown then your signal is supplied by Vodafone. 

The VF name will have been replaced by Virgin

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks