cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No contact name showing since changing to virgin mobile

TINATO1501
Joining in

I changed to Virgin mobile (SIM Only contract) from EE a couple months ago and ever since when people call me it just comes up with a number rather than the contact name. I have an iphone 11

5 REPLIES 5

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi TINATO1501, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Apologies for the issue you've been having. We are aware of this, and I can only apologise. 

Our user @enlli on other posts relating to this has a fix, which in their words is the following: (let me know how you get on)

'Go to: Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

Tap manual -> then choose National.

Mmake sure your numbers are set to the correct format. If not change region to anything other than UK (Settings -> General -> Language and Region -> Region) and then change back to UK region.'

Cheers, 

Ryan.

Unfortunately this hasn't worked 😞

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Have you rebooted the device? If so, are the settings still the same to what you changed them to? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Yes I rebooted and all seems the same. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be working

Hi @TINATO1501,

Are you having this issue with the number appearing instead of the contact name for all numbers that you call, or does it only seem to be certain ones?

Can you also try turning on Airplane Mode, leaving it on for at least 30 seconds, and then turning it back off again?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!