cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connectivity after returning from abroad

duncan-atkinson
Joining in

I've just returned from a holiday in France and Germany and since I arrived back in the UK 2 days ago, I haven't been able to connect to mobile data.

I've tried the suggested fixes (i.e. manually select network) but my phone doesn't allow me to connect to Virgin. I also can't call customer services as my phone doesn't work and live chat doesn't seem to exist anymore on the Virgin site

My phone is an Android (Samsung S10) 

Thanks for your help

(Posting on my partners behalf)

5 REPLIES 5

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @duncan-atkinson,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your Mobile Data after you came back from you holiday.

Can you tell us if your data roaming was working fine while you were abroad?

Have you been able to reboot your Mobile device to see if this can help resolve your issue?

Please take a look at our Mobile Issues page if you have not already to see if this can help locate your issue and resolve it.

Keep us updated if you can.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi well the connectivity worked initially in france, and in germany, stopped working in Belgium i think then didn't work in france or when we arrived in the UK. Did have to go to airplane mode and back on again to get it to recognise the new countries whilst we were traveling.

Tried restarting phone etc yes.

Hi @duncan-atkinson,

Thank you for your response. I'm very sorry to hear that resetting your mobile phone and going through our regular checks did not help resolve your issue. 

I'll be more than happy to investigate this issue further for you. To do this, I will need to send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina,

Please can you send a private message to me - duncan was posting on my behalf because the website wouldn't let me start a new post.

Thanks

Emily

Hi Emily,

Please stick to our chat.

Regards

Paul.