cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection after updating carrier settings

GNLW1010
Joining in

I clicked on a link that popped up on my phone to update my carrier settings and since then have had no mobile service on my phone at all.

I'm currently on the line to Virgin Mobile to seek help on this problem but have been holding for 20 minutes, which has been sufficient time to sign up to and post on this board.  Not exactly great customer service while my phone is down - but any help on solving this problem would be gratefully received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Strange as it seems you and your son my be using different networks. Virgin have piggyback of EE for some time but are slowly moving to Vodafone. That is a possible cause of the difference.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @GNLW1010,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issues here on our forums.

Are you still having issues with your phone service or did you mange to speak to the team to get this sorted on Friday?

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for the response - yes, the connection suddenly sprang back to life before my call was answered.  So that was a good result, but the time taken to answer the phone was still a bit disappointing!

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for the feedback @GNLW1010,  I will make sure this is fed back.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Sorry for opening this up again after a few weeks, but I've been struggling to get a signal around my home for much of this week.  The signal is fine in other locations.  My son, also on Virgin but a different phone, appears to have a better signal even at home when I do not.  I am struggling to find any information about whether there are any faults with the local mobile network, or to understand why my reception has suddenly got so bad.  Grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Strange as it seems you and your son my be using different networks. Virgin have piggyback of EE for some time but are slowly moving to Vodafone. That is a possible cause of the difference.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks - that is useful to know.  My contract with Virgin is newer than his so that may well explain why he could be on the old system and I am on the new one.