cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection abroad

Scottsmum
Joining in

Hi

When I transited through Singapore i received the usual welcome message. Then I flew into Cambodia and never received a test message and since arriving I haven’t been able to connect to a network. 

I've read other peoples posts and have checked - Roaming is on. No spending limits. APN says Virgin. SIM application is on International. It does list network providers but will not connect automatically or by selection. 

I need to connect to get messages for banking etc. 

I’m using an iPhone. 
Hope someone can help sort this. 
Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Scottsmum, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message on this one. 

I have spoken with Kain who raised this with the relevant teams but he's not had any reply yet. Due to this we can only assume it may have been missed or the teams are still working on things. Kain is referring this up to the teams again in the hope that someone comes back to us as soon as possible. 

We understand the frustration however there isn't anything else we can do I'm afraid. 

Once again we appreciate your patience on this. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Scottsmum,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues connecting whilst in Cambodia.

Have you checked that we have a roaming agreement in this area? You can view this here

Alex_Rm

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I do have a purple SIM, but Cambodia isn’t on the list of countries that aren’t available, so this should be OK. 

Thanks, 

Can you try a manual network search for me please, you can also find some troubleshooting here

Alex_Rm

Hi

Thanks for your message. When I do a manual network search I do get a list of providers, but it will not connect to any of them when selected. 
I’m currently trying to reset my Roaming by turning it off for 24hrs and then back on, as suggested in one of the Virgin tutorials. 
Fingers crossed this works! 
Kind regards

Do please keep us updated @Scottsmum, do you possibly have access to a Wi-Fi connection whilst in Cambodia?

Looking at the prices of the services you can use, you could be in danger of running up a rather large bill..especially with no spending limits

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi

I disconnected Roaming for 24 hrs and reconnected but it’s still not connecting to a network. 
Any other suggestions??

Kind regards 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Scottsmum

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm sorry to hear that this did not solve your data issue in Cambodia. Is your International Call Bar switched off? If it's switched on, please make sure that you switch it off 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena

Hi

Thank you for your message. I have checked my account and my Call Bar is definitely off. 

Kind regards 

Scottsmum

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Scottsmum

Thanks for getting back to us to confirm this. I would like to take a closer look to find out why you are unable to use your data in Cambodia. I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can!

Kind regards,

Serena