cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Virgin Mobile/Virgin Media bonuses?

djr_uk
Up to speed

Hi all,

I have had virgin media for 21 years now. I was previously on o2 mobile for about 15 years. I've now switched to Virgin Mobile as i thought it'd be better being on both services (even though they're not technically connected) and what happens? 2 months later suddenly being on o2 gets you a speed increase on virgin media! 

The benefits of being on both: "Double data on every eligible O2 Pay Monthly plan in your name, in your household. Plus a Virgin Media broadband speed boost to the next available level (if you aren’t already on the fastest speeds you can get in your area)."

Well i have unlimited data anyway on virgin mobile and its just me so i'm not that bothered about that but I thought i would have got the virgin media broadband speed boost because even though i'm not on o2 i'm on virgin mobile as well as virgin media?

10 REPLIES 10

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post @djr_uk

We would sadly have to advise that you would need to be an active subscriber to O2's service on a pay monthly SIM card to obtain the speed uplift.

Do feel free to give us a call on 0345 454 1111, to see if we can possibly offer you a greater speed at a suitable price

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for this.

It just seems a bit odd though doesnt it if you can feedback? So basically:

Virgin Media + O2 (both owned by Liberty Global) = Speed boost for loyalty

Virgin Media + Virgin Mobile (both owned by Liberty global)= No speed boost for loyalty.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@djr_uk wrote:

Thanks for this.

It just seems a bit odd though doesnt it if you can feedback? So basically:

Virgin Media + O2 (both owned by Liberty Global) = Speed boost for loyalty

Virgin Media + Virgin Mobile (both owned by Liberty global)= No speed boost for loyalty.

From early 2019 up till mid October the Boosted / Oomph bundles combined Virgin Media + Virgin Mobile in a bundle which increased the broadband tier as part of the offer - https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-media-brings-it-all-togethe...

The Volt bundles replaced those with the Virgin Media + O2 offers instead.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On a technical point it's only 50% Liberty Global now. The other 50% is Telefonica.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

This is shocking. 

I am in the same boat. Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile customer. No boost for me!

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused @mobi

Kind Regards,

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No worries Ayisha_B.

Not your fault. Some suit in the management/marketing team thought it was a good idea to alienate existing Virgin Mobile customers.

Maybe this was the point, to push us to o2 and eventually close Virgin Mobile? They dont need to be running two mobile phone operators I guess. 

@mobi, I will certainly pass on your feedback.

All the best.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Deals change all the time and that is why I have always advised people not to go into long contracts. OK the minimum on Virgin is 12 months but I wouldn't go longer.

The change of networks will be the next big thing. There will be winners but enviably losers. If you are tied into a long contract and your signal disappears you have no way out 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks