cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Signal or mobile data

snooz
Tuning in

For over a week now, my mobile signal keeps dropping to the point where I am rarely able to be contacted on my phone, and also Im getting a message that my mobile data has been turned off by my provider?!

Can't use my phone to ring 789, just tried doing a service check but I can't remember my login details and cant reset as it won't accept my account number (i think it wants a virgin media account number as it wants an area code which is not listed on my bill and my acc number is longer than 9 digits.)

The online chat has a massive queue and just popped up that it will be 45mins now to wait when ive already been waiting 30mins, and 45mins will mean the line is closed as there was a message saying they are shutting early at 6pm.

Why am I paying for a mobile phone service I cannot use as you have turned it off seemingly?

Having the same issue on the other phone linked to my account also so it is not just a one off problem.  

How can I fix this when it is impossible to contact you online and you make my phone not registered on the network so I cant phone?!?!?  HELP URGENTLY or I am cancelling the contract as this is ridiculous.

15 REPLIES 15

Hi,

Finally managed to get hold of someone.

My sim card has been deactivated which is why nothing is working. Theyre going to send me out a new sim on the new network which should resolve the issue.

Just have to wait for it to arrive now to check.

Wouldve been nice to have some kind of notice but hey ho. Hopefully it will be resolved, fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help though

Hi snooz, 

That's bit of a strange one to have happened 

Really sorry about that

The new sim should be with you very soon 

But please, let us know how you get on once its set up 

Gareth_L

Gareth_L

I have been having exactly the same problem as snooz has. as you can see in my reply to snooz.
I have been waiting for an agent on the web chat help again(yester day i spent more than 2h and was cut off at 6pm!), but seems quite hopeless. Could you please help me too?  Or it would be a real shame but I would have to think about switching to another provider.

HHaazzeell
Tuning in

Hi snooz, here is an update.
I have been experiencing EXACTLY the same problems as you have and I managed to get a support on the online chat today, which was unsuccessful yesterday after waiting for more than 1.5h. Anyway what the agent said was,
'Upon checking the information here in our end , your SIM was migrated to our 5G network last 10/12. And it seems like there's no SIM provided after the migration.That might be the reason why you're not getting any service, since your current SIM won't work with 5G. So for this I need to send you a replacement SIM which is already 5G capable.'

So now what I can do is just to wait for the new sim, which will hopefully work, but you said that your partner's new sim still doesn't work, does it?
We'll see.  Just a piece of information.

Thanks for your post and update, HHaazzeell,

Welcome to the Community Forums, apologies that you did not get a reply as the tool used to read/reply to forum posts aren't always filtered chronologically. While we appreciate you participating in other posts to bring greater community support. If you are in specific need of  help then it's advisable to create your own post that way it's a bit quicker for us to pick it up that way. Glad to hear that you will receive a new SIM. Keep us posted.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi Skizza,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to us here at the Community Forums. Sorry to hear that you have not been able to use your phone indoors, your issue does sound a little different from the OP, in that it may be more of a signalling issue and not SIM related. If you are still needing help, I have sent you a private massage to confirm your mobile account details.

Cheers,

Corey C