cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Signal coverage in north wales

Happygolucky1
Tuning in

Hi does anyone get a virgin signal at all in the towyn area of wales around Gors road and towyn toad etc sandbank rd circular as I get nothing whatsoever and it’s really annoying! Paying for nothing 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Happygolucky1, thank for your post today and warm welcome to our community page. 

I am sorry to see you are struggling for mobile signal, as @enlli posted the signal checker you should be getting 4G signal. 

How long has this been going on and can you currently make calls / texts?

Please could you also let me know is it only in this town where the signal isn't great for you?

Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Screenshot_20220519-080907_My Vodafone.jpg

Nearest I could get without an exact postcode  Not brilliant.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Happygolucky1, thank for your post today and warm welcome to our community page. 

I am sorry to see you are struggling for mobile signal, as @enlli posted the signal checker you should be getting 4G signal. 

How long has this been going on and can you currently make calls / texts?

Please could you also let me know is it only in this town where the signal isn't great for you?

Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Yes mainly in towyn postcode the signal checker gif the postcode shows poor do think virgin needs to look at it becaEE & 3 seem to be fine but Virgin O2 & Vodafone  are non existent in regards to being able to use your own data it’s embarrassing thuds day n age to have to piggyback of a friends hotspot whdn you have your own data 

Towyn Road
Abergele
Wales
LL22 9HD
United Kingdom

all around this area and abouts 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have a couple of problems there. Apart from poor signal on Vodafone there will also be capacity issues when all the holiday makers, mobile home residents arrive. Many mobile home people use routers for mobile broadband and, if concentrated that puts a big strain on the network.

As a Virtual Network there is nothing Virgin can do about signal. That's down, in this case to Vodafone 

I can only say that this year Virgin will be making the final move to O2 as Virgin Media and O2 combine.

My advice would be to get a PAYG test SIM (Giff Gaff or Tesco) which use the O2 network and check things out.

If the signal proves unsuitable then you really have no option but to move to the best network for your location.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

cje85
Trouble shooter

EE would be the best in that area. Coverage should be excellent as there is a mast on Fourways Caravan Park.

Thank you very much cje85, thought so EE has great feedback for that area 

Great idea Enlli I will do that thank you