Menu
steverob1957
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No Service in the USA

I routinely travel to the USA and have had no problems getting phone network service in the past. I recently changed phones to the iPhone XR from an Andriod phone, I have been in the US for 8 days now and can not get service.The phone searches then always comes up NO SERVICE.

I have updated to 12.2, rebooted, removed the sim but still nothing. There is an option of re setting my network services but am afraid to do this in case it wont work when I get back to the UK in May.

Any idea's please ???

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Renan_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Service in the USA

Hi steverob1957,

Welcome back to our community. Thank you for posting and reaching out to us again.

Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused especially now that you are outside of the country. The first thing that we'd like to be sure off is that you have the means of contacting your friends and relatives in the UK.

Before you make any reset on your network, let's make sure that we are going to do it properly. Can you tell me the make and model or your phone? Did you make sure that your roaming service is active in your account and on your phone before you leave? You can also click this link here for some troubleshooting steps for your mobile phone.

Hopefully, everything has been sorted out since your last post. Just keep us posted if you need any help.

Thanks,

Renan_G

0 Kudos
steverob1957
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Apple has managed to help me so now I can get service. I can receive texts but still can not make phone calls, is there anyway this service can be turned on without me phoning them, I am on a road trip and don’t have phone access. I would email them but I have no email address ?

regards,

Steve Robinson 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Anna_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to us, Steve.

I understand that you are outside UK and you need to make sure that your roaming services is turned on.

With this, we can asked our web chat team to set it on your account. We can do this via online chat. However, they are closed at the moment. The opening hours: 8am to 8pm Monday-Friday and 8am to 6pm on Saturday-Sunday.

We appreciate your kind understanding.

Anna_B

0 Kudos
steverob1957
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ok I understand. I have checked on my mobile account and international calling is set to ‘on’ but they may have to do something at their end. Would you be able to arrange this for me at all please ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Anna_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We appreciate your understanding.

I'm sorry but I'm unable to set this for you. Only Web chat team can handle issues that may need account information. This is for your account security and data protection act. You can use the web chat link tomorrow at 8 am, and they'll be happy to assist you on this.

Thank you for your patience.

Anna_B

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@steverob1957 wrote:

Ok I understand. I have checked on my mobile account and international calling is set to ‘on’ but they may have to do something at their end. Would you be able to arrange this for me at all please ?

In your online account "International Call Barring" needs to be turned OFF to make calls

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
steverob1957
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes the call barring is set to OFF.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Raziel_I
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi steverob1957,

Appreciate you getting back to us and confirming what @teabag asked you to do, (Thanks @teabag!). I would like to know how are things looking at the moment? Are you still having the same issue or already have service? Were you able to get in touch with our online support using the link provided in our previous post?

Hope to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Raziel_I

0 Kudos
steverob1957
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I still can not make phone calls. I can’t get to speak to anyone as I am 8 hours behind the uk and keep getting told chat is not available. I will soon be 11 hours behind so that will make it worse !!

0 Kudos