cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Phone Reception At Home

CoulsdonEagle
Joining in

I have no mobile phone reception at home the majority of the time and have one bar if I am lucky.This is also the case with my wife's phone who is also with Virgin Mobile.

This was never the case when "Virgin" used EE. My son is with "3" and has full bars.

I contacted Virgin who sent me a new SIM and this still does not make any difference.

I have tried changing the settings and also tried the SIMS in different phones but to no avail.

The situation has got to the point that I am considering cancelling our contract with Virgin. What is the point of paying for a contract that does not provide a phone reception?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately, to an extent, this is the nature of getting mobile service from a company which doesn't directly operate their own network - in other words a virtual provider rather than a network operator. On the flip-side, now that Virgin is part of a UK J/V with O2, then the service offered now is not likely to change in a hurry.

Contractually, no mobile network will guarantee 100% blanket coverage and there will always be coverage holes on any provider - all UK operators have legals which cover this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @CoulsdonEagle,

Thanks for your post, and welcome back to our Community Forums. I'm really sorry to hear you're facing problems with your mobile reception on your Virgin Mobile SIM.

Do you receive the poor signal in just your home location, or does this persist into other areas? Can you please text 'ALL' to 789922 as this will provide instructions on reconfiguring your connection to the correct settings.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi. 

Texted that number earlier and used the Configuration Settings sent but still no change.

Yes, the reception is only nonexistent at home. It does improve once I have left home and the area I live (CR5).

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @CouldsdonEagle,

Thanks for confirming those details. So I can look into this further for you, I'm going to drop you a private message. Please look out for it in the top-right of the Forums, in the purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

CoulsdonEagle
Joining in

"Some mobile networks offer a guarantee of acceptable network coverage within their mobile contracts, allowing you to cancel if you find that you do not have the signal that you expected. "

Does anyone know if this applies to Virgin Mobile?

Still have no mobile phone reception indoors and neighbouring properties also experiencing this problem. Has been like this since Virgin switched from EE to O2.

Have tried everything including all the suggested solutions in the connection settings and even been sent a new SIM card but to no avail.

Why am I paying for a service which I'm not receiving? At the end of my tether. If I can leave without a penalty I will.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately, to an extent, this is the nature of getting mobile service from a company which doesn't directly operate their own network - in other words a virtual provider rather than a network operator. On the flip-side, now that Virgin is part of a UK J/V with O2, then the service offered now is not likely to change in a hurry.

Contractually, no mobile network will guarantee 100% blanket coverage and there will always be coverage holes on any provider - all UK operators have legals which cover this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I understand but not great news.

However, such a shame that Virgin ended their partnership with EE. Never any issues with network reception when they had this previous partnership.

At this rate they will lose many customers.

Hi @CoulsdonEagle thanks for your post, although I'm really sorry you're still having issues here.

I can see that you've been communicating with Reece directly, so if you could please send Reece a PM he will be able to advise further for you.

Many thanks

Tom_W