cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Network Connection

emmafinnemore
Joining in

So, I've been on Virgin Mobile for the past 6 months (never had an issue) but for the past 2 weeks, my phone says there's no network connection when I try to use YouTube or log in to my online banking. I've tried resetting the network and internet connections but nothing is working.

9 REPLIES 9

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @emmafinnemore, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns.

Are you having this problems just on your mobile data, or are you connected through wifi?

Can you please also confirm the make and model of your handset?

Many thanks

Tom_W

I have an iPhone 12 Pro and I can still connect to the internet (I'm on Sky). When I'm using other things like my laptop, I can get full connection to everything so I know it's not the Sky broadband. On my phone, I can go on social media like Twitter and Instagram but it doesn't show messages until I've gone on and refreshed the page. I can load the YouTube homepage and scroll through the options but when I select a video, the screen is black and it says theres no network connection. 

Hi @emmafinnemore, thanks for your reply.

Apologies, but it's still a little unclear based on your reply whether or not you're using your home wifi, or your mobile data when you're having the problems accessing the two sites/app in question.

Can you please provide a screenshot of one of the errors (maybe YouTube for example) so I can see what's happening?

Many thanks

Tom_W

• 891079D6-F3C1-42AD-BECB-F210C8FEA51E.png

When I turn off the WiFi, this problem occurs. It’s the mobile network connection that I’m having issues with 

H @emmafinnemore, thanks a lot for your confirmation.

That is strange, and it looks like you've got quite a good signal on your 4G data on that screenshot.

Could you perhaps please try to uninstall the app, and reinstall this and try again? It may be that the app needs an update.

Many thanks

Tom_W

I can’t reinstall it because there’s no network connection 

Hi @emmafinnemore,

Are you able to reinstall using the Wi-Fi connection that you're not facing issues with?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

No, I’m not facing issues with my Sky internet on other devices (such as my laptop) so it’s not an issue with this. However, neither the regular WiFi or my data is working on my mobile. I’m getting partial connection (I.e. twitter) but in the case of Spotify, mobile baking, YouTube etc. none of them work because I keep getting a notification saying that there’s no network connection.

I’ve taken out the SIM card, reset the network, reset the WiFi and updated the software.

Apologies emmafinnemore,

Don't mean to repeat ourselves here, you mention earlier up the thread that "when you turn off the WiFi the problem occurs"

Can you please confirm if you can access these apps when connected to your home WiFi? If so, can you uninstall and re-install the app whilst connected to WiFi.

Thanks,

Alex_Rm