cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Network Connection

Jaswillden
Joining in

Has it started working again? I am currently in the same boat. Since about 11 last night (01/12/21) I have had no service whatsoever. Not able to make outgoing calls/texts or receive any calls/text, or use data. 

9 REPLIES 9

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jaswillden wrote:

Has it started working again? I am currently in the same boat. Since about 11 last night (01/12/21) I have had no service whatsoever. Not able to make outgoing calls/texts or receive any calls/text, or use data. 

Well aa this thread is 11 months old we can only assume it has.

Most likely you have a network outage in your area. Bit more difficult to check as Virgin use either EE or Vodafone. 

If you have a nearby full post code I can check for you 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Sorry to hear of the issues with the mobile services @Jaswillden.

It may be worth looking into these links for an idea of the status of the coverage in the local area;
For SIM cards supported by EE
For SIM cards supported by Vodafone

Kindest regards,

David

Jaswillden
Joining in

So here we go.. hopefully someone can help me 😭 I'd really appreciate it.

23/11/21 I upgraded my SIM only plan to a contract phone. The handset is due to be delivered 18/12/21. 

Around 11pm 01/12/21 my phone network stopped. I restarted the phone countless times it doesn't work. 

The following day its still not working but I received a text 10:40am (funny because i wasn't able to receive anything before) saying "All done! Your new 100GB + Unlimited mins is ready to go, and you can now use your allowance. Enjoy!" I managed to receive a phone call that lasted all but 2mins after this then the phone disconnected again. 

I am unable to enjoy anything! Ptake. 

Its like they've cut me off. 

I have been in contact with virgin by WhatsApp over wifi because that's all I can do right now. Trying to say it's not them it's my phone. Done all the test and I swapped my SIM with my nans and vice versa my SIM doesn't work in the other phone but my nans SIM works in my phone so we know it's not my phone that's the problem. 

Because I don't have my new handset yet they won't send me a sim! Expect me to wait 15+ days without a network! Gone from a sim only plan to nothing for now and had the cheek to tell me I am able to use my new plan. When I cannot. I can't even receive calls. Too coincidental that I've been cut off because the plan has changed over. 

Any advice? Can't believe the logic (or no logic) to this. 

Thank you in advance x

Oops I misread the date.

My phone upgraded yesterday from a sim only tariff to a phone contract tariff. The handset is due to delivered on 18th. When it switched over I received a text to say it's done and I can enjoy y new tariff.. it's like they have disconnected/cut me off. Virgin on WhatsApp have said I can't get a new SIM till the phone arrives. They expect me to be without a connection for 15+ days. 

Cant believe they can do this. It's not just a coincidence. I have read it on this forum happen to other people but it won't be admitted by virgin. 

Sorry to hear this @Jaswillden, can you tell me if the SIM card you're using has issues connecting in multiple locations or just when you're at home? 

Have you experienced any faults with the handset you're currently using? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Everywhere I have been. I had to go out yesterday around town and no where it would work. I have tried another sim in my phone which worked straight away. It definitely the sim/network and not the phone. 

Too coincidental that my tariff changed over at the ssm time. I have found other questions on this site with the same problem.

Thank you all for your replies I really appreciate it 🙌🏼

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've seen them do this before..... cut people off before the new contract comes into play. 

The team should be able to check if this is the case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes exactly but they are saying it's just a coincidence! I need to wait till my handset comes to get a sim, so 15 days without a connection is a joke.

Im speaking with them on WhatsApp I was out through to manager but they haven't replied yet. 

Thank you for the replies x 

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn