Menu
ajcoombes
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No Data When Roaming in Italy

I've just arrived in Italy and don't have any data connectivity. I have the R symbol in the signal strength icon, international call barring is off, data roaming is on and I get no reply to the 'ALL' text to 789922 (I have set this twice). I have rebooted the phone several times and reset the apn settings to default with no success. Voice and text messages work as expected using the Google Pixel XL.

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Data When Roaming in Italy

Hi,

If you have never had roaming on your SIM then you must get it enabled (it's disabled by default).

Contact VM to enable it, might be easier to do so via your online mobile account. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello ajcoombes

Thank you for posting on the forum and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the roaming issues experienced, Have you used the handset abroad before? did you activate the service before leaving the UK?

If not and you have access to your Virgin Mobile online account you can turn it on there. Are you able to access any of the services? (ie calls and texts)

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ajcoombes
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Data roaming is switched on in my online account. I did have a go at the text messaging service but had to stop after 2.5hrs to go out for our evening meal. Didn't really get anywhere with this as the web page sent to me to answer the security question kept saying the secure form could not be opened. I'm on the shared hotel unsecure wifi and guess this was causing issues. I'll have a go phoning CS later. I have had data roaming previously but think it was on a different SIM before I upgraded to the current 4g contract and needed a new SIM card.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you have recently changed SIM it may be that the although roaming was active previously, by default, it is now inactive. I will send you a Private Message to get some more details to look to activate this for you.

Rob