cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data, Volte or WiFi calling IPhone 11

stukirby
Joining in

Received new sim today, 4g and 3g are intermittent, no WiFi calling or Volte (calls over 4g) if I happen to have it.

could this just be because the sim is new today.  Already downloaded the new virgin profile 

7 REPLIES 7

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi stukirby, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you've had some problems with your new SIM.

Is this a new number you have recently signed up for, or a replacement for an existing SIM you already had with us?

Is it just data and internet-related functions you're having issues with - do normal calls/texts seem to be working OK? 

If you haven't already please try a manual network search via the handset's settings and let us know which networks are showing as available.

Tom 

New sim and number ported today.  Calls and text are fine.  Data now working but still no WiFi calling or Volte defaults back to 3g for all calls. 

Manual network search finds Virgin fine

Stuart

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@stukirby wrote:

Manual network search finds Virgin fine

Stuart

What other networks do you see? Does it show EE or Vodafone?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Shows EE and no Vodafone only virgin.  I’m backed off to Vodafone for sure.

Thanks for the information stukirby, has this settled down since your last post?

You mentioned the number was ported yesterday and this can take up to 24 hours to complete.

Please let us know.

Rob

Appears to have started working this afternoon.  

Thanks for guidance.

stuart

Hi stukirby, 

Thanks for coming back to us to let us know things seem to be resolved for now. 

If you have any further issues then pop back and let us know so we can help you further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs