cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 5g in Wolverhampton again.

HazzaTL
Tuning in

I just met my mate in the wetherapoons near the bus station, and was oh getting 2g "E" internet!? 

Is there a problem again with the mast again...? As I'm debating leaving if this keeps happening.

8 REPLIES 8

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi HazzaTL,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some signal issues. 

You can check here for any area problems. 

Alex_Rm

So, clocked that link, couldn't see any coverage checker?

Sorry about that @HazzaTL, looks like we are currently working on the site at the moment causing this page to be temporarily down. 

Do you get the signal issue anywhere else or is it just around this area? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This link will take you direct to Vodafone (Virgin's carrier)

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

They are doing maintenance work...

"We're doing some maintenance work in this area

We’re carrying out maintenance in this area at the moment to help improve our mobile network. We’re sorry if you’re experiencing any issues with your service at this time, we know how frustrating this can be. Maintenance is due to be finished by 18:00 29 Apr 2022 and we’ll update this page as soon as it has been done."

Wow, how about letting customers know!?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HazzaTL wrote:

Wow, how about letting customers know!?

Because Virgin don't run the network and have no more access to the local status of masts than you or I.

This is the big problem with an MNVO

I have an O2 SIM in Slot 2 of my phone and they have an App called My Network. It gives coverage for your location , fault reports and the ability to report a suspected fault if none is showing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @HazzaTL

Sorry to hear that there is currently works going on in the area that is affecting your signal. Once the works have been completed, please let us know if you experience any further issues. We'll be here to help if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley