cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4g signal??

kobesmoby
Tuning in

I've been discussing my issue on twitter with the customer service team and they told me to ask a question here, so here goes. 

Prior to the Jan lockdown our phone signal at SY95HY was a very reliable 4g, this has now changed to zero. The coverage map for Virgin says no signal when it used to say 4g and EE map says good signal. The whole area around the postcode is nothing like what it was prior to lockdown.

The only change is new phones for the wife and myself with our old sim card. It just seems to me that the signal has been changed considerably here for some reason.

I've tried a reboot, manual scan for network and there is nothing. My phone just keeps saying refreshing sim data. As I've got an unlimited data package which I now can't use I'm a bit annoyed so if anyone has any pearls of wisdom it would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The new phones made me think you have been moved over from EE to Vodafone and their coverage map seems to confirm that suspicion.

Screenshot_20210501-160807_Chrome.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The new phones made me think you have been moved over from EE to Vodafone and their coverage map seems to confirm that suspicion.

Screenshot_20210501-160807_Chrome.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Enlii. It appears that you are correct and I thank you for your input.