Menu
Jedimaster1
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No 4g after virgin sim update

Changed my data plan to increase my data allowance. Virgin sent me a new sim card. Now have no 4g at all. Log in to my account and have nearly 3gb of data. Refresh was yesterday. Changed plan as no WiFi at new work and will need data tomorrow. Have spoke to call center who sent setting twice more. Removed sim and refitted. Turned phone on off, turned data on off. Still no 4g? Any ideas.
0 Kudos
zebadee_19
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No 4g after virgin sim update

Hi

Check APN settings.

Purple sim doesn't do it automatically for all.

See here:- http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/Mobile-APN-settings/ba-p/3629014

0 Kudos
Jedimaster1
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, don't think it's purple sim! But here is an idea, how about it just worked as it is supposed to as promised without me spending ages trying to sort it out!!! Pay more money get worse service and poor support.
0 Kudos
Jedimaster1
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

still not working. really disappointed  by virgin for not being able to get this right after 3 attempts.   infact starting to get a bit **bleep** off with it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jedimaster1
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

and stop sending me badges **bleep**! just fix phone. wouldn't be on your community if you provided a better service.   any chance of a uk call centre contacting me??   overseas ones are poor and hang up on you.!

0 Kudos
AndyCoffin
Dialled in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Last time i saw this problem on the forum it turned out the phone was set to 3g/2g only. Worth a look as some phones set this at first setup and then it sticks.

The badges are automatically sent by the system when you pass certain criteria.
------------------------------------------
When I was a child, my speech, feelings, and thinking were all those of a child. Now that I am a man, I have no more use for childish ways.

The Puppet Master .
0 Kudos
Jedimaster1
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for reply. Phone is set to 3g lte which is top setting. Phone is a tear old and 4g has been working fine until virgin decided I needed a new sim. Now have no 2g/3g/or 4ge lte. And once I leave for work I will only have calls and text. No WiFi at work. Really disappointed, uped my plan to get more inclusive data and ended up with nothing. Trying to speak to someone is impossible, at least someone who knows what they are doing!
0 Kudos
enlli
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So lets get this right. When you say no 4G do you mean you have no mobile data? If you phone 789 and tell them you have no 4G they will be looking in the wrong place.

First. Check your APN settings are the ones in the link given to you, they changed with the new SIM

Second. If that does not work ring 789 and ask them to check if data is enabled on your account. There have been cases where it has got turned off for some reason.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rich_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jedimaster1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I deeply apologise for having no mobile data following the new SIM card.

I believe this has been resolved since posting so hopefully everything is now fine your end. If you need anything else then please let me know.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

Can make calls, but no data? Check your "Virgin Mobile APN settings"

0 Kudos