cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nintendo switch stolen

ashleighk
Joining in

I have recently upgraded my mobile contract and got a nintendo oled with it I have got the insurance and we have just come back from out holiday and the Nintendo switch has been lost or stolen my son is gutted as he's only had since Xmas I need help with virgin send a new one as its part of contract? I have tried to communicate with nintendo and heard nothing back I wanted to see if they could see if anyone was using the device etc my son has adhd and this is something he really enjoys I'm absolutely gutted 😢 

3 REPLIES 3

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm afraid if it is lost or stolen then it is an insurance claim. It's just the same as if you bought a car on credit and it was stolen, the dealer would not supply a new one unless the insurance paid.

I don't think there is a way to track its use.

One of the team on here will advise, but it may be a while over holiday weekend.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you at the moment virgin are saying the insurance only covers the mobile I'm pulling my hair out as it was all in a nintendo switch cary bag filled with games and accessories I understand I won't get those replaced but with the switch coming as a deal with the phone you would think its all covered in the insurance.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ashleighk, 

Thank you for your post.

I am so sorry your Switch has been lost/stolen. If you took out insurance with us this would be for the handset only, as the switch was a free gift. I know this must be a distressing time for you and your Son.

I know the console is expensive as well as the time spent on the games themselves is invaluable. I would advise you to report it and find the serial number and reach out to Nintendo especially if you have a card attached to the Nintendo online account you can reach their support page here.

Zoie