cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nhs text reply 62111 costs?

Moi1
Joining in

I received a questionnaire text from NHS number 62111 and tried to reply but when I tried to reply a message appeared saying this would incurr costs. I cancelled and didn't send reply but would like to know how much the costs are and why this is not possible?

Anyone had similar issues? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no cost to you. 

The message you received is just a warning generated by your phone that you might be charged. (Android is suspect)

I used that number a few times when I was having hospital treatment

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no cost to you. 

The message you received is just a warning generated by your phone that you might be charged. (Android is suspect)

I used that number a few times when I was having hospital treatment

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Enlli,

Yes, I have Android phone. I have a unlimited text, minutes and data contract. I can now reply to NHS questionnaire without worrying of being charged. When I went on line to Google the info there were no answers to such questions, I think Virgin should add this number to their list of numbers so it's clear, as I believe the NHS have not been getting feedback from so many people due to the same fear of being charged.

Also I can not find a virgin chat advisor to speak about this, where can I go to get this service?

Thank you for your help, really appreciated. Moi

Hi Moi1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums!

What enlli has advised is correct - this is simply just a warning text and you won't have been charged.

Do you have any other questions or concerns that we can help you with? 🙂

Beth

Beth

VMCopperUser
Wise owl

Short codes are complicated in terms of cost, as when there is a "fee" it's usually because a specific amount is sent to the party who you send the text to.

Virgin does maintain a list (Here) but sadly it doesn't include 62111 (it should, It did previously on the VMB site), not sure why it's not in the new list.

PSA (Premium phone regulator) says they manage shortcodes, but don't list 62111 as being in the database - O2 also list it as being reseved and not in use.

Personally - this is just me, I never reply to any shortcode (5 or 6 digit number) because some can empty your bank account.

Carriers also sometimes block shortcodes (as you can use them to get a cheaper service for things like international calls or text), but perhaps I am going way beyond your original question :P.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.