cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New virgin SIM card

JoeC87
Joining in

I've recently received a new SIM card from virgin, a red 5g one advising me to activate it.

Previously using a purple one which in my area had full 4g and full reception.

I switched over to the new one last night and I have little to no reception and barely even get 3g.

Is it possible to revert back to my old simcard? (As it's now been disabled) I've read (after installing new SIM card) the new 5g SIM card uses Vodafone network? Which has always been shocking in my area hence I was happy when I switched to virgin and has full coverage.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Everyone is being moved to Vodafone now that the deal with EE is coming to an end. There is no going back.

Change of network is the only answer

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If Vodafone is poor in your area perhaps you might have to look at changing providers

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Everyone is being moved to Vodafone now that the deal with EE is coming to an end. There is no going back.

Change of network is the only answer

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks enlli,

Pretty disappointed but not much I can do.

Since virgin mobile is part of my whole TV package, don't wanna take a seperate mobile contract out.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Depending on your phone WiFi Calling may work in your home location

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JoeC87, thanks for getting in touch. 

Very sorry to hear about the issues you've had since your mobile service was switched to 5G. I'd like to take a closer look into it and see what we can do to help - please get back to me via PM (the purple envelope) and we'll take it from there.

Tom