Menu
Purdie101
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New sim

New sim August 19th - phone has to be turned on and off constantly to get a signal.  Complaint raised manager called had to send us an email as can’t get through that’s because we have no service.  Tried to reply to e mail it says “can’t reply to this unmonitored e mail”.Advised by Reading branch to complain to Offcom have asked for a Deadlock letter to get out of current contract 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim

Hi Purdie101, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had here.

In regards to the SIM issue, have you tried this in a different phone to see if the issue still happens? Can I confirm also if you're on a contract with a handset or a pay monthly SIM? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like you've got one of the new dodgy SIM's  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Intermittent-Loss-Of-Service/m-p/4057295#M148056

You could try taking your complaint through Resolver

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
Purdie101
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This is to do with your network problems 

apparently there is a letter in the post offering two months refund on charges

i think the forum and call centre need updating if you are not aware virgin has a major problem since leaving EE we have been told by a member of Virgin staff

No letter has arrived and no 2nd tier faults team has contacted us

we are now dealing with your Manchester office having visited the offices in Hook Hampshire where no one would speak to us only give out telephone numbers that divert you back to the call centre in the Philippines 

so we still have no service when leaving the house 

And the deadlock letter has not been received either 

someone somewhere is not telling the truth 

You offer a shocking customer care we only want the truth and to know if you cannot cannot Fix the problem 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Purdie101

Thank you for the update, You mentioned this is being dealt with by our Manchester team, have you for an ongoing complaint?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Purdie101
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We have spoken to the Manchester office today and have been informed that Virgin are aware of a problem for their customers with the new network and that the new provider is working hard to resolve the issue but no time frame is available 

we are going to give Virgin another week to see if the new system can be made available but unfortunately after that we will have to go to the inconvenience of cancelling our contract and moving to a new supplier - we need to be able to use the mobile phones 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I see, Purdie101 please keep me posted on this please.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos