Menu
Leonardshaircut
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New sim only deal SIM card question

Currently have sim only deal on a monthly rolling contract with virgin but the prices keep going up and up so thinking about taking out an alternative cheaper sim only deal. 

Is it really necessary to have a new SIM card issued if I change over and if so why seeing as I will be keeping the same number.  I ask this because I do not want to have issues with the phone by inserting a new sim. Had awful problems when virgin sent out their new SIM cards a while back - it’s an iPhone which then locked, and quite frankly the thought of dealing with customer services again makes me want to jump ship and go to another provider.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim only deal SIM card question

If your current SIM is one of the purple SIM's - sent out since December 17, there will no need for a replacement when changing your plan.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Leonardshaircut
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes it is one of the new purple sims but when I rang customer services I was told a new sim would have to be issued and I’m not keen on that after the fiasco the last time.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Leonardshaircut, thanks for your post.

As @teabag has clarified - you wouldn't need to change your SIM if you already have one of the new ones, the teams can switch your tariff on the same number. I'm sorry you were told otherwise

You may have been speaking with the wrong team, unfortunately I have seen occasions where sales agents have sold a new SIM deal with a new number rather than transfer a customer to the correct team to get what they're really after.

If you speak with the teams on 789 and let them know you want to change plans on your existing number they can pop you through to the correct team to get this sorted. Please keep us posted with how you get on.

Tom_F 

0 Kudos