Menu
mingsy
Dialled in
Message 81 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Re: New purple SIM - Intermittent data -

Today has been worse than ever. 3 times the connection has dropped out. One odd thing is that I get a notification that I have new mail in outlook but outlook doesn't appear to be able to connect to download the message. Are other people seeing this as well or do I have something different going on?

0 Kudos
vipermo
Dialled in
Message 82 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Yea thats the same for me with mail app on  Iphone or it Error connecting to server

imessges hang not sending.  If my phone Is quiet for a while i put Airplane Mode on then off And everything push through WhatsApp telegram email and so on

0 Kudos
mingsy
Dialled in
Message 83 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the confirmation.

0 Kudos
atam2000
Settling in
Message 84 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I'm also having this problem having just put my new sim in yesterday - its happened 3 times in the last 24 hours.  Specifically with me I can access some data services but not others.

EG:

Can get - facebook, weather, trip advisor

Can't get - any email from any of my accounts, BBC News Apps, Virgin website (and others) on Safari (but can get some websites).  

Also, tends to drop to 3G in a good known 4G area.

Each time I've reset the APN data which has worked for a while but drops out again, will try switching off and on airplane mode next time.  Have phoned customer services twice but they seem oblivious to the problem (maybe they need to look on here!)

Grateful of you can provide a solution soon!

0 Kudos
ryma91
On our wavelength
Message 85 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Their overseas customer service is shocking. I've had this problem since January and they wouldn't own up to any of these issues being their fault. They also won't terminate my contract unless I pay the remaining balance...

0 Kudos
Robzor
On our wavelength
Message 86 of 196
Flag for a moderator

I'm still on the old red Sim, I've not been asked to upgrade to the purple(which I'm glad). But I agree Virgin need to sort this, I remember having a long wait for my internet to get fixed, I was on 200mbs and only getting 5mbs. So I complained on the phone that I'm not getting the service I am paying for, to which they agreed to give me compensation in the form of a lower bill. This is what they should be doing to all the people affected by the purple sims. It seems to be a wide spread problem and Virgin hasn't got a clue what is wrong, its quite pathetic. I was looking to upgrade my phone, but now I may pack up and take my number elsewhere.

Edit: Also the overseas call centre is a joke, they speak bare bones English and dont understand what the customer wants. They just go from their script and ignore what we want. I was called one time over getting a free whatsapp, to which I said no I have it already, then continues to read from his script about how much I would benefit from having it. All the while ignoring me saying I have it over and over. Pathetic.

unisoft
Fibre optic
Message 87 of 196
Flag for a moderator

@Terri_Pwrote:

Hi Jay2k2,

Thanks for sending the requested details via PM. I have escalated this over to our technicians and a fault ticket has been raised for this. 

This could take up to 5 to 7 working days to fix, depending on the issue, but please be aware that if there are network issues causing this problem, it could go past the initial 7 day working estimated resolution time.

I will be back in touch with you as soon as I receive an update. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Hello Terri / VM,

New customer today. From EE, where data and bills were flawless.

Put new SIM in, SMS came down about provisioning internet setup. Did that successfully.

Intermittent data straight away. Had to turn Flight mode on the off. The network search for an operator in settings made no difference.

Seriously NOT impressed on day one. I am likely to cancel my mobile service as in cool off period.

Any idea how long this is to resolve, I know the BB service can take months to years when an issue - this is why I am concerned.

On EE cell that's up to 60mbps on 4G. Virgin on same cell (when data does work) giving me 25mbps. This doesn't tie in with 50mbps as sold. I know its says "up to", but the EE cell got 60mbps easily, that was sold as up to 60mbps as well. So if yours is sold as 50mbps from same cell should be close to 50mbps.

0 Kudos
ryma91
On our wavelength
Message 88 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Leave whilst you still can!

0 Kudos
vipermo
Dialled in
Message 89 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Today has been the first day I have been out all day so no wifi and its shown me how bad this really is..

NO ONE can contact me on data calls be it whats-app telegram or facetime audio call. Messages won't send just sit there trying. Im getting sick of doing the flight mode on and off but it does kick data back for a few mins

As this thread has been around since the 2nd of Feb  I cant see this ever getting sorted I mean how long do we give them ?

unisoft
Fibre optic
Message 90 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Why does VM representatives not answer this thread?

I tried phoning them and got offshore with some shrieking voice 2 octaves higher fearful of being read a script, I hung up.

0 Kudos