Menu
ryma91
On our wavelength
Message 51 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Re: New purple SIM - Intermittent data -

Load of rubbish that link, it was last updated in August 2017 when Virgin were using red SIMs. The issue is with the new purple SIMs which I think were introduced in December 2017 and we have all tried the troubleshooting steps that customer services have had us do with no success.

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Have the team been able to raise an IT ticket for you if you continue to have these issues? 

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
vipermo
Dialled in
Message 53 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Rich_B said
I can confirm this issue is being investigated but at the moment that's all the information I have.
0 Kudos
ryma91
On our wavelength
Message 54 of 196
Flag for a moderator

No they've not.
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Are you both able to send me a private message with the following info so I can check this for you:

• Your mobile number
  • The full name on the account
  • Confirm if you are the account number

Thanks

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ryma91
On our wavelength
Message 56 of 196
Flag for a moderator

I have sent you a private message.
0 Kudos
uhohrobbo
Joining in
Message 57 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Glad to see that I'm not going crazy. Disappointed to see Virgins response to this. It just isn't acceptable. 

0 Kudos
uhohrobbo
Joining in
Message 58 of 196
Flag for a moderator

I've also sent you a PM.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jay2k2
Tuning in
Message 59 of 196
Flag for a moderator

I have been having the exact same issues for a couple of months since moving to Virgin.
The helpline is next to useless, the online chat has been offline for weeks saying no one is available and to check back during opening hours (this is during opening hours) and there is no email address to try either and finally managed to find this thread.
Tried another sim from another network and everything works fine and my phone worked fine with o2 before moving over.
Also most times I press voicemail I get a wrong number dialled message and only occasionally get connected.
The phone gives no indication as to when the data isn't working properly and sometimes even some apps work with data while some others won't connect at all. Meaning that sometimes you've missed all sorts while you've been out, resulting in a torrent of work emails when you finally flick airplane mode on and off to reset the connection.
Evidently this problem across the network needs addressing urgently as so many people are having identical issues and it seems there are a fair amount not receiving the service they are paying for.

ryma91
On our wavelength
Message 60 of 196
Flag for a moderator

I cant get my head around the fact that customer services don't recognise there being an issue because data is being used. This is the reason they told me they won't terminate my contract.

Because I have used data every month then that must mean that there isn't a problem with the network (this is what they are telling me). They don't understand that because the issue is intermittent data can still be used.

Poor customer service, poor understanding of english, poor service, poor carrier.