Menu
ryma91
On our wavelength
Message 31 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Re: New purple SIM - Intermittent data -

The trip to the Virgin store was a waste of time. Guys in there are just Sales and cannot do anything about my problem apart from put me through to customer services. Spoke to a lady called Mark and she told me she cannot terminate my contract because I have used data since having the new purple SIM. She couldn't get it in her head that I have used data but am having the intermittent data issues so I put a formal complaint in. I should be getting a call in the next 24-48 hours.

Took to Twitter and complained to Virgin. I attached screenshots of my problem and also the email from Apple telling me that my phone was replaced even though there was no problem found and that if the problem persists then it will be a carrier problem. pic.png

0 Kudos
harr5
Tuning in
Message 32 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Having exactly the same problem. Had old sim, phoned in january to change to new £9 tarriff and told I would be sent a new sim.  New sim is 12 month contract and nothing but problems.  Texts send intermittently, safari has no connection to open page, cannot load snapchat or messenger.  Have to restart phone all the time.  4G shows at top signal is strong, but nothing works. Have tried manual network, have reset settings.  I had no problems with my old sim, which was on 30 day rolling contract, and now I am stuck with a nightmare.

0 Kudos
vipermo
Dialled in
Message 33 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Why won’t the mods pick this up ? 

Come on guys this is not looking good For  potential customers.

If there is a problem let us know.

do u even Raise our concerns ??

0 Kudos
ryma91
On our wavelength
Message 34 of 196
Flag for a moderator

@harr5wrote:

Having exactly the same problem. Had old sim, phoned in january to change to new £9 tarriff and told I would be sent a new sim.  New sim is 12 month contract and nothing but problems.  Texts send intermittently, safari has no connection to open page, cannot load snapchat or messenger.  Have to restart phone all the time.  4G shows at top signal is strong, but nothing works. Have tried manual network, have reset settings.  I had no problems with my old sim, which was on 30 day rolling contract, and now I am stuck with a nightmare.

If you are on twitter look at my tweets to virgin about this. RyMain is my name on there. Basically the virgin team on there saying nothing we can do, you’re getting data and that’s that! 

0 Kudos
harr5
Tuning in
Message 35 of 196
Flag for a moderator

HI, I've had a look at your twitter posts.....every single issue I experience !

I have the same problem with email also, I forgot about that.  Everthing you describe happens to me on a daily basis.

0 Kudos
ryma91
On our wavelength
Message 36 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Do me us all a favour and tweet back to them on my messages to virgin please. The more the people that do it the better

0 Kudos
harr5
Tuning in
Message 37 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone from Virgin going to pick this up ? Starting to drive me completely nuts and I am stuck in 12 month contract.  Have had to restart phone 5 times already today.  This is not acceptable.

- Email, cannot fetch mail on virgin and gmail accounts - aol works fine

- snapchat - cannot refresh data, but facebook and every other app works

- messenger - cannot load chat

- safari - no internet connection

- text/imessage-when sending green/blue bar goes half way and does not send

0 Kudos
ryma91
On our wavelength
Message 38 of 196
Flag for a moderator

I'll add to this:

BBC Sport - No network connection

BBC News - No network connection

iMessage - Fails to send/receive so sends/receives as a text message

Safari - Fails to load web pages

Snapchat - Fails to refresh

Apple App store - Fails to load

iPhone - Had mine replaced by Apple even though they couldn't find a problem with the one I had

SIM cards - Had 3 purple SIMs in total and all 3 have had these issues

Reset network settings - Carrier network settings and Phone network settings reset

Restored iPhone - Restored my iPhone as new using iTunes multiple times

EE SIM in my iPhone - Works fine, no issues whatsoever

Customer service is rubbish. Is there no one monitoring this forum?

0 Kudos
vipermo
Dialled in
Message 39 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same problem here can be on a data call but unable to pull up any websites I can’t believe that nothing is being done about this got my PAC code today moving to 3 tomorrow just can’t afford to have no data and nobody at virgin seems interested in resolving this issue. 

0 Kudos
vipermo
Dialled in
Message 40 of 196
Flag for a moderator

I found this did help a little bit change the Apn settings on your iPhone to t mobile 

https://apn-uk.gishan.net/settings/1907_3_virgin_apn_settings_for_apple_iphone_x.php

0 Kudos