Menu
Message 11 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Re: New purple SIM - Intermittent data -

We don't have a UK based number i'm afraid.

All the team are able and willing to give the same level of service.

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
vipermo
Dialled in
Message 12 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Having the same thing my end can someone have a look in to this please i have wiped phone  reset network settins on iphone also reset APN   please help

data really Intermittent.

0 Kudos
vipermo
Dialled in
Message 13 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Did you get a fix for this massive pain of a problem mate 

0 Kudos
vipermo
Dialled in
Message 14 of 196
Flag for a moderator

B168839E-F7DC-4338-A506-81E70D4EC67C.pngPhone is on 3G. Worked fine with BT on this phone

0 Kudos
ryma91
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 196
Flag for a moderator

No fix. I’ve spent endless amounts of time on the phone to support. They keep telling me “well your phone has always had a connection to the internet so we can’t do anything”. I don’t think they realise that you can always have a connection, doesn’t mean the connection resolves to anything. I’m taking my phone to apple on Thursday and going to get it in writing that it’s the carrier and then take that to abortion shop I’m the hope they terminate my contract. Best thing to do is to screenshot all the times you have connection but do have signal so you can do the same!

0 Kudos
vipermo
Dialled in
Message 16 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply mate this is unreal... i have only been with them a week so think ill be moving back to BT where i never had a problem... should of stayed there i guess . my fault for wanting all services from one company . 

Good luck with it mate keep us updated please..

You can just see this being a nightmare for them to sort out cos one moment it works then the next nothing  but we cant be the only ppl with the new sim with iphones who have this issue..

i need to test this a bit more but i think putting phone in aeroplane mode for a moment then turning aeroplane mode off kicks the data back. 

0 Kudos
vipermo
Dialled in
Message 17 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Another thought have you tried locking ur phone to 3g and not using 4g im going to test it

0 Kudos
ryma91
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Yes I've tried everything mate.

Shouldn't have to put your phone into plane mode or disable 4G. It should just work without faffing around. Like I said, get screenshots when you lose connection and then you can build up a case to get your contract terminated. I've been having issues since 8th Jan and had 3 different SIM cards. Apple have told me it's not the phone and like you, I have reset network settings, restored the phone as a new iPhone using iTunes and still have problems. I've put an EE SIM card in and it worked flawlessly. No one on the Virgin Forum team wants to take responsibility on this thread...Useless support!

0 Kudos
zameermohamed
Joining in
Message 19 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Having the same problem, anyone found a fix to this besides asking Virign for a pac lol

0 Kudos
ryma91
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to the club.

0 Kudos