Menu
vipermo
Dialled in
Message 91 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Re: New purple SIM - Intermittent data -

3 calls to them today useless.. Got no where all she said was its mostly Iphones having this issue and its a thing there looking in to..  😞

the others wanted to unlock my unlocked phone  the other person said she will send me a sms with the settings.  never got that sms 

Really getting sick of this now VIRGIN

paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 92 of 196
Flag for a moderator

vm mods do reply, but they are not as active on this forum as they are on twitter/facebook (under the generic virginmedia handle).

If you see from other threads on here today, that could be days after, or a matter of minutes. Terri_P was active on this subject this time last week, but I agree its taking a lonnnggg time to fix.

I wouldn't be happy if it was happening to me too. It's something on their side that needs fixing. 

Trickyuk
On our wavelength
Message 93 of 196
Flag for a moderator

The problems with data and the calls not connecting / disconnecting seems to be getting worse. 

0 Kudos
Trickyuk
On our wavelength
Message 94 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Not sure s New purple SIM - Intermittent data -

Not sure I want to tempt fate but today is the first day in a long time that my phone has worked properly with no delays or needing to use airplane mode etc..  (working now like it used to work with the red sim 🙂 ).

Have you changed something or resolved the issues?

Hopefully it'll remain this way.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ryma91
On our wavelength
Message 95 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not sure s New purple SIM - Intermittent data -

I've had total failure again today.

0 Kudos
vipermo
Dialled in
Message 96 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not sure s New purple SIM - Intermittent data -

yep same here :(.  total failure

0 Kudos
fezz11
Joining in
Message 97 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Hi Team

I have recently changed fro O2 onto your 4G 40Gb Sim only deal and im having nothing but problems

the 4G is displayed on my iPhone 6 plus but sometimes at least 6 times per day i cant browse the internet.  Yet facebook and other various apps work fine... I installed my old O2 sim and put my virgin sim into my other iPhone and the fault moved to the other handset and my 6 plus was fine... So the fault lies with your network!!

Can i please have some guidance on how to resolve this as your contact centres keep on telling me i have to reset the phone etc... Which i have done, I surely cant be expected to do this every time just to use the internet Smiley Happy

if i switch to 3G all is fine BTW

Any help greatley appreciated

0 Kudos
Trickyuk
On our wavelength
Message 98 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Must have been a one off then today for me, as it has been shocking every other day since I put the new purple sim card in at the start of February.

I'll monitor it and post back.

I did log a ticket though over a week ago with support, so perhaps they've tweaked something in the background? 

0 Kudos
vipermo
Dialled in
Message 99 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Think you might be on to something with locking it to 3G mine worked all night at work didn’t have any drop outs. Hope this was not a one off.  I know that we shouldn’t have to do this but if it helps for now.  

0 Kudos
ryma91
On our wavelength
Message 100 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Like you said, we shouldn’t have to do this as we are paying for a 4G service!

0 Kudos