Menu
ryma91
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 196
Flag for a moderator

New purple SIM - Intermittent data -

Ever since Virgin made me get rid of my old red style SIM card on 8th Jan for one of their new purple style SIM cards, the data connection on my phone has been very very intermittent. I've reset network settings, restored iPhone as new using iTunes, had another new purple SIM card sent and also had Virgin customer support check over my account settings and everything seems fine. I've been into Apple and they have said it is a carrier issue.

In my local Virgin shop, the sales guy told me that there have been loads of issues with the purple SIMs and that they are waiting for a fix. Well I've waited too long for a fix and I need to be able to use my phone when I want where I want. I'm paying for service that I am not fully getting.

Any one got any suggestions?

0 Kudos
SacalmM
Tuning in
Message 2 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Re: New purple SIM - Intermittent data -

Same here...
Message 3 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Ryma91, i'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your new sim.

What did the team advise they were checking when you have spoken with them? 

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ryma91
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 196
Flag for a moderator

The phone team were useless! Kept on trying to tell me the apps I were using were having problems. The in store team advised me that there was an issue with the purple SIM cards as they are new to Virgin and that a fix was being worked on (the old red SIM cards were basically EE SIM cards which explains why an EE SIM card worked perfectly in my phone when I was doing some tests myself).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Just to confirm have you reset the network settings with the new sim card in the phone?

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ryma91
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have done that, I've restored my phone and still having issues. I know it's the carrier as an EE SIM works fine in my phone but the new purple Virgin SIMs don't work. The EE SIM worked even without having to reset network settings. I think the whole reset network settings and restore your iPhone option is just a default line the Virgin support engineers are reading to their customers if they actually don't know what the problem is. I would rather them hold their hands up and admit the network has issues rather than have me spending hours contacting support about a problem support cannot fix! Paying for a service that I'm not getting!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 196
Flag for a moderator

Have the team been able to check for further information regarding this with our technical support team? 

Nathan B

0 Kudos
ryma91
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 196
Flag for a moderator

They haven't said anything to me if they have. The only honest Virgin engineer I spoke to was the guy in branch. He came out straight away and said there is an issue with the network but everyone else seems to think there is either no issue and that issue is with my apps or phone (I know the apps and phone are fine because an EE SIM card works perfectly).

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 196
Flag for a moderator

I would advise giving our team a further call so they can raise this further for you and report it to the tech team. 

Nathan B

0 Kudos
ryma91
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 196
Flag for a moderator

I'd rather not waste my time again unless you can give me a number which will get me through to a Virgin engineer based in the UK.

0 Kudos