cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone no sim contract.

Lightfoots
Tuning in

Hi,

I had a perfectly good(and cheap) plan and phone with another provider when I started with virgin. I was given a extra oomph sim. I now fancy a new phone and don't need a contract(just phone). My old provider is finished and I use the oomph sim in that phone.which is more than adequate as I'm home bound disabled and barely use data. Am I able to add a new phone through virgin without adding a new sim contract? I've search the whole website but can find a way of just getting a phone even though they are always phone and contract separate billing? All the questions relate to a present sim contract on Virgin Mobile and I'm aware the oomph sim is a virgin media sim which is separate.

Hope you can help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lightfoots,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

As advised by enlli if you speak with our Sales team via 0800 052 0238 they can look to see what can be offered but this would be limited. 

If you wish you can get a handset via 3rd party. If you do this though please ensure that the handset is fully unlocked.

^Martin 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As you state your needs are simple you may be better off buying a phone outright.

You can get a phone without a SIM by going through sales, but almost certainly it will be far cheaper elsewhere.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lightfoots,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

As advised by enlli if you speak with our Sales team via 0800 052 0238 they can look to see what can be offered but this would be limited. 

If you wish you can get a handset via 3rd party. If you do this though please ensure that the handset is fully unlocked.

^Martin 

I appreciate the advice,

Thank you enlli