Menu
Highlighted
evilpea
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New Virgin SIM

Hi all. I got my shiny new Virgin SIM in the post yesterday, and after reading the posts on here re: new SIM locking up iphones, I decided to phone the Virgin Helpline for advice. I said I was still using the old red Virgin SIM and was reluctant to swap over to the new one because of the problems reported. I said I had an iPhone 5s and was told to "carry on using the old red SIM" and not to swap to the new one yet as VIrgin were working on a "fix" for the locking problems. I was assured the red SIM would carry on working as long as I didn't remove it from the phone, and that I would receive a "message" when it was safe to swap SIMs over. I was also assured that the old SIM would not suddenly shut itself off as long as it was kept in the phone. Anyone else had this advice from Virgin???

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Virgin SIM

Hi evilpea,

You don't have to activate the new SIM card and it will expire if not activated within 30 days. 

If you should have problems with your service, we may need to send you out a new SIM card (or if within the 30 days of receiving your current new SIM card--we would need for you to activate it in order to complete fault diagnostics), but for now, it's okay if you continue using the old Red SIM card.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

evilpea
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Virgin SIM

Many thanks for your helpful reply, Terri. I am still using the red Virgin SIM and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Thanks again! 

0 Kudos