Menu
Minotaur5
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New Virgin Mobile user cannot log into Virgin Mobile

I did a deal back in May to change to Virgin Mobile so contract started in May and would provide my PAC when my contract ended in August.

I found my new sim, got my PAC code and now need to give it to Virgin Media however true to form it is seeming impossible unless I phone them.

First I could not log in to Virgin Mobile because you need your mobile number and that not on the sim card.

Stuck my new sim in my phone got number then it goes answer the Security Question which is BLANK.

Guess what the next stage is call us. I did not have time for this and now I really do not have time for this so what else can I do?

Why do Virgin Media a company who sell the best internet connection in the UK suck at the internet?

PS Ofcom here we come again! is not allowed in their message tags I wonder why.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Virgin Mobile user cannot log into Virgin Mobile

Hi Minotaur5,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues signing into your account.

Have you tried entered the details you'd give to the team to clear security?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Minotaur5
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex,

I am creating a new account so I have never given them a question which makes sense for it to be blank however you cannot do anything mobile related online without an account.

Think I am going to have to give in and phone them and then be on the phone for ages.

My point sort of stands why is the best broadband (I am not talking about anything other than the physical service) provider so rubbish at the internet?

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

When creating an online account, this is only for your online account, not one we have on our systems. So when you took out the original order of the SIM/phone you're creating an online account for- you would have chosen the answer then.

It can be anything you want but usually along the lines of mother's maiden name, place of birth etc.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Minotaur5
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex,

I agree it could be anything as the actual security question is blank. Nothing there so I am not being asked a question and would guess that I did not set one up three months ago.

I put my number in and then get asked a security question which looks like this:

Security Question: 

Answer:

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

The security answer the registration site is asking for would be the one provided at the point of sale when creating your mobile account. Give this a try. If you do not remember what your provided, I've also sent you a PM to get your mobile account details so I can have a look for you. I will not be able to disclose any passwords you have set up on your account however I can get it reset if needed.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Minotaur5
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Replied to PM and thanks for the help.

I only need to know what the question is?

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
Minotaur5
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all your help.

So the solution is to wait on the phone for 43 minutes.

My account did have a security question and answer however both were wrong on the virgin media system.

This has taken over 4 hours now and any other company would have a chat window pop up and it would have been sorted in minutes.

I still cannot work out why a broadband provider does not have internet systems that work.

My personal favorite moment was dealing with the Virgin Mobile password system because that was a nightmare and what it considers a bad password compared to every other service is bizarre.

0 Kudos