cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sim card for electric gates

janearens
Joining in

We have a sim card to work our electric gates.  Do we need to change over to the new sim card to make gates work?

6 REPLIES 6

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @janearens

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding your SIM and your electric gates. Can you please expand further from me - do you have a seperate SIM Card for the electric gates? Or have you received a new SIM card?

Kind regards,

Serena

We already have a sim in the gates but need to know if we have to change it to a new SIM card just sent to us

Hi @janearens,

Would you mind expanding on the situation for me? Is this a Virgin Mobile SIM card that you're referring to? These are only compatible and should only be used within a mobile device.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

It’s a virgin SIM card and works with our electric gates.  It communicates with our mobile phones to open and close etc.  and has been working for two years already

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Used many of these  The new SIM most likely is to facilitate the move off EE as the network provider and onto Vodafone so I would say it needs changing. As the old one worked there is no reason for the new one not to 

Check it works in a phone first as it may need activating

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @janearens,

Thank you for clarifying. If you've been sent a new SIM card then it would need activating before you begin to use it. You would need to activate it within 31 days of it being generated, or else it will deactivate permanently and we'll need to send out a new one to you.

To activate it, insert the new SIM card into your handset and it should process automatically for you. You can find more information here.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!