cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sim Not Activating

decland95
Joining in

Hi,

I recently changed sim card providers to Virgin Media (my phone is unlocked), I inserted my new sim yesterday and entered the PIN that arrived with the new sim but 24 hours have passed and I am still unable to call/text and use data.

Could you please advise? 

Thanks, Declan

4 REPLIES 4

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @decland95
Welcome to the community. 
Sorry to hear of you're having issue with your new SIM. Are you able to connect to a WiFi network at all? There are some checks here for activating a new SIM. Let me know if any of them help or if you're still having issues. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,

Yes, I am able to connect to WiFi. I have followed the steps shown in the link and waited 24 hours but my text messages will not send and when I try to make a call it says I am not registered on network.

Is there anything you can do to speed up the activation process for me? 

Thanks, Declan

Okay @decland95, let's have a look into this further for you. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @decland95.

For any Virgin Media Ireland enquires you can use any of the contact methods listed here or tweet them directly with @VirginMediaIE. Unfortunately, we can only deal with Virgin Media UK customers on this community forums. 

All the best, 

Here to help 🙂
Carley