cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sim Card Not Working

Splodge93
Joining in

Hi, 

I have had a replacement sim card sent to me following my phone being stolen last week. I have put the new sim into my new unlocked phone and it has not asked for the sim code (7890) to be entered at all. I have tried restarting my device multiple times and have waited 24 hours from first inserting the new sim like it said to and still nothing. 

I followed all the instructions that came with my replacement sim and it is immensely frustrating to know that they do not work. 

I have had issue after issue with even getting a replacement sim card and I am seriously ready to leave Virgin Mobile even though I have been with them for 15 years. 

3 REPLIES 3

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Virgin of 15 years ago is not the Virgin of today. The rot set in when Liberty Global took them over. Profits and shareholders first, customers last 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Splodge93,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the SIM,

It sounds like it may not have been activated correctly, so I can take a closer look I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for popping your details over via private message.

Glad I was able to resolve this 🙂

Alex_Rm