cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sim Card - No Service

SaikGaming
Tuning in

Hi All,

I have just tried putting my new Virgin Sim into my iPhone, it searches for a signal but then just has empty bars, as if there is no service. I cant make calls, text or use data. 

Settings-General-About recognizes it is a virgin sim, but says network none.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi SaikGaming

Thanks for posting. My apologies about the SIM issue. Sounds like a new SIM is needed. I'll PM you now so I can get some details.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for posting SaikGaming.

I'm sorry you're having issues with using your Virgin Mobile service.  Can I ask if you've previously used another SIM in the handset?  Alternatively do you know if the Virgin Mobile SIM will work or not in another handset?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi,

I have tested the sim and can confirm it is not working  in another device either.

Hi SaikGaming,

Thanks for coming back to us.. The devices you've used, are they either Virgin Media phones or unlocked to any network?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

They are regular unlocked devices bought direct from the manufacturer.

Can you factory reset the device for me and then try the SIM again?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Hello,

I have tried resetting my iPhone, but the sim still will not work. I have also tried the sim in a Android 10 device, factory reset, and it doesn't work there either.

Hi SaikGaming

Thanks for posting. My apologies about the SIM issue. Sounds like a new SIM is needed. I'll PM you now so I can get some details.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Dragon63
On our wavelength

Hi, 

I have just swapped my SIM card as requested by Virgin and after putting it in it's saying 'No SIM card No service' yet when I ask for help EVERY phone is listed but not mine - Experia Z.  I think it's the case of inserting the card incorrectly but I'm unable to find out HOW to insert it

Hi Dragon63,

Thank you for your post. 

Can I confirm has the sim card been activated?

^Martin